The gallery below shows a small selection of images from various workshops.
I have worked with numerous organisations and schools up and down the country.
I have listed some, to list them all would take quite a few pages.
If you would like more details of specific projects please ask.
- Palace Voices Project
Working With All Saints School & National Horse Museum – Newmarket
Creating Textile/Mixed Media Props And Costumes For Performance Held At The Palace House Museum
- Linked with Mildenhall Museum/Arts and Heritage/Big Draw
Creating paintings with year 3 Beck Primary School, Suffolk
Booked through Cultural Learning
- Awareness Day for participants effected by trauma
Creating Textile Hanging On A Drop In Base
- Shakespear Sonnet walk
Visual and interactive performance
Theater Royal - Bury St Edmunds
- Trinity St Mary’s Primary
year 2 underwater life mural
Trinity Square, South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
- Reach Charity Annual Conference Day
Four one hour taster session, the participants age range from 6-16, with upper limb deficiency
Creating large mixed media wall hung work on the theme of fantasy
Held at the Marriot Hotel in Huntingdon
- Open Spaces, Open Places Project
Arts, health and environmental project engaging young adults with autism and learning difficulties.
Creating large metal and wooden trees with interactive boxes containing textile and mixed media items.
Mark making and painting wall hung pieces.
Working with Short Street Community learning Center, Walsall Council Social Care, Inclusion, and Cannock Chase Arts.
- Working at St Bernards Catholic High School, Rotherham
Pupils from key stage 3 for Arts Week; on the theme of the Animal Kingdom; creating large relief mdf painted pieces.
- Theme of Romans Working with year 3 pupils from Trinity St Marys School.
Booked through Workshop Network for South Woodham Ferrers Council.
- Theme Healthy Living
Painting and mixed media workshop with 5 classes of year 8 pupils from Tibshelf School, Derbyshire
- Textiles mixed media drop in workshop held at Bilston Craft Gallery
- Young Brits Arts Award
Booked through Sheeran Locke
Working with two schools, Rushey Mead School ; an inner city secondary school in Leicester with some students (ranging from Year 8 to YeAr 11) from Afghanistan.John Flamsteed Community Schoolin Denby; working with year 10 GCSE students.
Creating textile and mixed media work.The Young Brits Artawards encourage young people to consider the ways in which equality and human rights issues affect their daily lives. The awards are open to all 11-19 year olds in secondary school, further education colleges, schools for pupils with special education needs, and youth clubs.One schools final piece and a pupils individual presentation were short listed for the award. The awards ceremony held at Southbank Centre, London. The winning artworks exhibited at the Saatchi Gallery, London
- Art in The Park Organisation
Internationals woman’s day held at Norfolk Park, Sheffield
Creating large textile hanging with pieces created on the day
- Workshop for Rethink and Artery
Drop in based for participants and providers of mental health services.
Held at Assembly rooms, Derby
- Art in The Park Organisation
Working at St Barts, Langset, Sheffield
Producing painted acrylic canvases and mosaic and mixed media wall hung pieces.
Drop in centre for participants with mental health issues
- Pilot Dementia project for NE Derbyshire & Alzeimers Society.
Working with another artist on the – ‘The Bliss Project’.
Creating memory boxes in three dimensional sculptural textiles using casting, machine and hand embroidery.
- Nottingham Queens Medical Hospital (QMC)
Creating work with group of children at the hospital, using textile & mixed media medium.
- Working for Greenhealth, Derbyshire booked through Rethink.
Producing painted boards and mdf shapes with group of young men with emotional issues.
- Working for Staffordshire Arts & Museum Service
Running one day drop in workshop to coincide with the gallerys’ 1950s exhibition.
Family groups producing painted and decoupage wall hung imagery.
- Working for Rethink creating textile festival flags on the theme of celebration.
Held at Greenhealth Project, Shipley.
- Working for Rethink running painting workshop using pre cut and primed mdf pieces. Working with young men with emotional issues.
Held at North Notts Arts & Craft Centre.
- Running Rangoli workshop for St Leonards CE Primary, Tamworth.
Booked through Workshop Network.
- Working for Rethink running an illustration workshop with a small group of service users.
Held at Greenhealth Enterprise, Shipley.
- Working for Sure Start to create designs to be implemented into a mosaic for outdoor use.
If you would like to discuss a project or just find out more about how to run a workshop please do not hesitate to contact me. Im always interested in helping people get things off the ground, I have lots of experience and can help you avoid any pitfalls at an early stage.